Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Patience


Patience: the capacity, quality, or fact of being patient (I never understood these definitions that included the word within the definition, makes no sense).
 
Let’s try another one.
 
Patience: tolerant and even-tempered; the capacity for calmly enduring pain, trying situations, etc.
 
Have you ever had your patience tested? Well, mine was the other day and the way I reacted really left me thinking. Which is why I am here, writing about what I learned versus going on a tirade about how it all happened. I know it sounds boring and you want the juicy details but to prevent further emotions of infuriation to creep back out I will just simply state that I chose to not get mad and just change the subject. The same way you can’t live life afraid, well you can’t live life mad, upset, infuriated, annoyed…the list goes on. Why? Because you are only hurting yourself. I know that what I am about to say sounds very childish but the best way to handle people with a bad attitude is to be happy. You fight the evil with good. Next time give it a try, don't get mad just change the subject, you'll avoid having high blood pressure ;) .
 
Smile, be happy!
 
-Luisa

No comments:

Post a Comment