Monday, July 1, 2013

Positive Monday

Sunset. Palos Verdes, CA
 
Monday's is when I need that positive vibe to make it through a week of work. It's the day I plan on how to make the week more exciting and empowering. It's when I reflect on the things I did this past weekend that just made me and those I spent it with smile. That is the kind of energy I will feed on to make each day more memorable. Afterall we can no longer live on yesterday and fret about tomorrow, we can only live for today. We have all been given a white blank sheet of paper for today, now the question is..what will you write on it? I hope it's full of good things, most important positive ones that will make your day better.
 
On today's post I wanted to share an article that I wrote last year, I think it's perfect for today. As you will read patience is still something I am working on, it's not easy but good things do come to those who wait. I like to go back and read where my thoughts were, and this will give me some extra time to learn more about blogging and get back on track with my writing.  Enjoy!
 
-Luisa
 
 

LatinoLA | ¡Exprésate! :: When it's Gloomy, Always Shine

"Time to get my head back in the game" is what I told myself this morning. Positivity is how I fight negativity because there sure "ain't no mountain high" that can stop me.

After all 2012 will have many opportunities to offer and staying focused is key.

For the moment writing seems to be my alternative for a vacation, one that I have wanted to take, and deserve, yet find it hard to accomplish. I'm tired of job hunting yet I know the search must continue.

Over twenty job submissions this month of January; only email acknowledgments but zero calls. It sure is a tough world out there. There are times when I want to run straight to those closed doors and scream, "Pick me!"

These past three years have been a challenge; my patience is literally holding on to a strand of hair on the verge of breaking apart. So, what does one do to stay sane?

Well, the reality of this is that I know I'm not the only one going through this job downturn. However, what keeps me sane are the other things I enjoy doing. For one, writing is my escape and how I cope with these gloomy but empowering situations. I have also channeled in to my other skills like: Editing, Tutoring, SAT guidance and even Photography, which are all over the job spectrum yet have proven to be successful.

These are the things I care most about because they make up part of who I am. These are the moments when I can laugh and be me, all stress-free. From someone who understands; I encourage you to keep your head up high, search for alternatives and "keep on swimming," the best is yet to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment